Thursday, May 10, 2007

Growing Up So Fast!






Faith continues to amaze me each day. About three weeks ago when ever I would drop Faith off at the babysitters and come back to get her a few hours later she would get excited, reach for me, pat me on the back over and over while kicking her legs and hum the word "mama, mama, mama" it has been the cutest thing! It's little things like this that make being a parent SO WORTH IT! It is so comforting to know that Faith now recognizes who her parents are. She is starting to feel more and more comfortable and each night, about an hour before we lay her down, she gets so happy laughing and gibber jabbering on and on. She becomes so playful at night it is the cutest thing to get her laughing out of control. Dad always runs for the camcorder.

Faith has been putting one foot in front of the other as we walk her around the house and can slowly move things across the floor while walking. She will stand against things and as I watch her she will slowly let go with one hand and stand there, she thinks she is such a big girl and I love watching her try and balance and learn new things like this. She will look at me with her big brown eyes as if she is trying to say "look at me mom". She can play "peek a boo" and "patty cake" and I even have her shacking her little bootie when I turn on the music.

Faith is a really good eater and loves to eat like the big people. We usually all sit down and have dinner together and she loves all the different foods I introduce to her. OK, so she wasn't a huge fan of the prunes. I could tell she was trying to gag them down so I stopped that after three days. That was enough and I had, had it with changing her clothes in the middle of each day as well (gotta love that).

Our new thing lately is placing Faith on my shoulders and dancing in front of the mirrors. She laughs and laughs and thinks it is so neat to be so high in the air above mom. She also loves to play "Follow the leader". I will crawl around or do something and she will be right behind me doing it as well. SO CUTE!

Life is good! Faith will be going to visit her Dr. again in a few weeks and I Can't wait to get her new weight and measurements. I will keep you all posted.

Life as a mother is THE BEST!

2 comments:

ishybeanie said...

she is so cute, i hope you enjoy your very first mothers day.

dianeb said...

Mandi is a wonderful Mom, and Faith is so in love with her!! She loves her Daddy too. She lights up when either one comes into the room. It's fun to watch them both with Faith. She is very lucky!