Monday, January 14, 2008

Let The Fun Begin!




We moved our office downstairs last week and painted Owen's nursery. The furniture has been ordered and should arrive in the next few weeks. It's probably going to take us up until due date to get everything finished and ready and then I will take some final pictures of the whole room. We are so excited and wanted to share some of the photo's as we begin yet another nursery :)

Two walls are tan/khaki in color, the other two are Orange and Blue (Bronco's) and the two tone in the room is gloss white. It looks really cute! Originally I just wanted two blue walls but Lindsay wanted some orange. He calls it the "Bronco's room" but I beg to differ. I did a little orange to make him happy, he loves it! I think he wants to move into Owen's room himself.

Lindsay began looking at Bronco pear-of-fenelia (if anyone knows how to spell that let me know?) to put in Owen's room and on the walls, NOT! I told Lindsay Owen will grow up liking what ever he chooses: sports, girls, chess, choir, cars, LOL! We will not decide for him. The room will be very simple with; plaids, solids, and a few little cute sports items to accent. Just no specific sport or team at this point. It's a nursery and when Owen gets bigger he can do what he chooses. Lindsay is just so excited to have a boy and I think he will try and life vicariously through Owen, hoping Owen will do all the things in life he wishes he would have (he-he!). He is so cute about it!

Any how...Things are looking good and the time is drawing nearer. We are so excited! Mind you, the color's might look a bit brighter in the pictures then they do in real life. They are not the bright, true, Bronco's colors. The blue is deeper and so is the orange. They are softer colors. I didn't want the walls jumping out at everyone, YUCK!

We are having a good time preparing and planning. When it's finished and Owen is in our arms I will take some more shots.(soon! craziness!)

4 comments:

ishybeanie said...

how cute, i love the bright colors you are brave, i have a hard time getting out of my comfort zone with the browns and tans. Lindsay looks so rustic with his beard, my husband can't even grow one.

Forshee Family said...

Looks great! I am getting excited for you two!

Amy said...

I love the room! What a fun idea. I can't believe you are almost having that baby! We need to get everybody together for dinner again soon so that we can get you some boy presents!

Anonymous said...

we The first thing I said (out loud to myself) when I saw the pictures was "Bronco Room!!!" Someday, I will have my own bronco room (LOL) Rob's team is the Giants (we won yesterday) so when we have kids we'll be fighting over which team to thrust upon our children. Miss you and hope you are doing well. Michelle Cowan