Monday, September 8, 2008

DUH!

Well I've gall darn gone and done it!

I was walking to my neighbor's home last month for dinner, salad and tongs in hand. As I was walking along whistling a nice tune I stumbled a bit and thought "gosh I hope no one saw that", he-he! I had rolled my foot in my shoe. I didn't fall or lose any of the food, thank goodness! I stopped on the grass though and took off my sandal to see if I was OK and rube my foot. It was hurting like a mother (how ever that hurt's). Any how.... I continued to my neighbor's house to enjoy some good company and food and all the while I was in so much pain I thought I was going to die. They were so kind and got me a bag of ice to put on my foot and also helped serve me some food. Then my other neighbor gave me a ride home. I elevated my foot all night with ice thinking I just sprained my ankle or something, NOPE! The next morning I could walk. OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay took me into the doctor and sure enough I broke my foot. GOOD TIMES! I have to wear an air-cast for 8 weeks, the first 3 weeks I was told to use crutches. That lasted about an hour. There was no one with two little one's under 2 years old. Well, I went in for my two week check-up today and the doc said it is healing much faster then he thought but that I still have 6 more weeks. I told him I hadn't been using the crutches and I was taking the air-cast off at night. He said to be careful on it but that I must start wearing the cast at night.

Well, if all goes well it will be off on October 16th (the day I have our family pictures scheduled for, thank goodness!).

Here's to having a little bounce in my step, never again and NO MORE HEALS!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ouch! speedy recovery to you. that has to be hard to deal with all day, every day. i can't believe you went camping like that. you are a woman!

yea faith, happy 2 years!

the roberts

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! All from just fumbling over your foot? You didn't even fall? I do that all the time and always hope that no one noticed. Jeez! I'm sorry you got hurt!!! (kinda funny though)

Forshee Family said...

I love your smile in this picture! This is how I always remember you!