Monday, September 8, 2008

A Huntin We Will Go

Even with a broken foot my husband makes me pack up and haul two little ones to the mountains so he can hunt.... WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We drove 6 hrs to the Lasal mountains in Moab to camp and hunt with our friends, then another 6 hrs home. Thank goodness our kids sleep most of the drive.

It was nice weather for the first two days and then terrible weather the last two. It was so wet and muddy we all had to stay in our campers. It was a joke for me to hobble around with my two kids all day on my broken foot as well. I will NEVER do that again.

Lindsay had a good time and LOVES being out in the mountains with his buddies. They didn't get anything (missed some and the two that were hit jumped a fence onto private property). All is well. A few weeks ago all three of the guys got their deer all on the same day though, that's enough meat for the year I think (eek!).

Because I was in such a chipper mood I only took a few pictures. I had to take the one of my little Owie asleep in his bouncer. It was so darn cute!


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Buck up sister! This is only the beginning of the first crazy things you will do for your hubby with two little one's! Look back and luagh!

cphegan said...

You are so brave Mandi! Paul wanted me to go camping out in the stix (on sand dunes in the Great Australian Bight!) with James and Naomi (9 mo and crawling) this week. I flatly refused! As a consequence - James and Paul went and Naomi is not filled with sand!
Lindsay owes you big time ...........I can hear some diamond earrings whispering your name.........