Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Deal or No Deal"

So get this......... I am officially crazy!

Last Saturday April 12th, I drug my family to RC Willey's in down town Salt Lake City to go to a casting call for the show "Deal or No Deal".

I woke bright and early to get the kiddo's ready and we were off. We got there at about 9:15 AM and right as we pulled up to the front Faith threw up all over herself in the back of the car. We pulled to the side, cleaned her and the car up and then went out our business. Faith wasn't sick I think something she ate wasn't sitting well in her tummy was all. She was chipper and her normal self the rest of the day.

Any how. We got there and I took the baby and walked to the end of the line. Lindsay parked the car and came along after me with Faith and a chair for me to sit in. I was going to have to nurse the baby through out the day (AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!).

Well. The line was intimidating. I kept asking myself why I was there. I kept looking at my two adorable children and thinking I was insane and crazy to have my two month old baby out there and not to mention nursing in front of the world. I kept talking to my wonderful husband about it for like 15 minutes. Asking him if I was crazy, if we should leave, if it was worth it and so on. I almost wanted him to say "let's go" so I would have an out. He was such a trooper though and stayed bye my side all day and helped with the kids.

We met a lot of really cool people in line and became fabulous friends for the day. We were in line for 6 1/2 hrs. Yup! 6 1/2. I would stand in line with Faith at times or the baby and then Lindsay would switch with me while the other one sat on the chair to the way side. We took turns standing and also with the kids to feed them and what not. The kids were excellent. I fed Owen about three times while we were there and he did wonderful! He never cried. Faith was SO good as well. She played with dad, met new people, had lunch, took a 30 minute nap and smiled all the while. She never got moody and on the way home she even sat in the back of the car singing. I couldn't believe it. They were excellent!!!!!!!

Well as the day went on we waited 3 1/2 hrs outside and when we finally reached the building the line continues but you couldn't see this from outside so you had no idea that it would be another 3 hrs. After waiting that long Lindsay and I decided we were in it for the long hall. We made it through the day and then it was our chance. I asked Lindsay to try and get casted too. He was there and we would have double the chance so why not? He filled out an application and we both went for it. He was cut in the first interview and I made it through 3 interviews and then got the cut. One of our buddies made it on to the 4th round though (YIPPEE!!!!!).

So........ Neither one of us made it on the show but after all of that we thought it was a pretty fun day. Pretty hilarious actually. I couldn't believe I did that. You only live once though. The next day we both sat on the couches and thought to ourselves it all seemed like a crazy dream. Over so quickly!

That day will go down in history for me. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

dianeb said...

I can't believe you did this either!! But ..... like you say, it's a memory you'll always remember. If they were smart they would have chosen you though! That would have been some show! Love you guys tons! Ma

ishybeanie said...

you are nuts, i wish you would of made it, that would of been fun to see you on tv. my kids applied for kid nation we never heard back

Monte said...

Live to fullest or die wishing you had. You guys are so cool.

Michelle said...

Wow you are a trooper, and with the baby too, yikes! I wish I would have known I would have come and sat in line with you guys, if you're gonna get on a game show, that's the one to get on I think.