Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Race For The Cure

Saturday we participated in the race for the cure held at the Gateway, down town Salt Lake. We ran in memory of my wonderful aunt Kris Bott. All the girls in my family have done this for the last 5-6 years now. It is so amazing and fabulous to see all the many people who do this in honor of or celebration of those they love and to help find a cure for cancer. Faith wore a little shirt that says "when I grow up theres ganna be a cure". It was the cutest thing. We had a wonderful time as we always do and after the run myself and my sisters met with some of the women in my family for lunch to celebrate womanhood (Mother's Day). It was a nice lunch and a fabulous weekend.







Thank you to all those who are helping to find a cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you Kris and will see you again some day :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time. Too bad we aren't up there so Em and Tess could have joined you. Oh well, maybe next year they can swing up. It is nice to keep up with you guys and see how great life is. Happy Days!

The Quist Family said...

What a great time! I have always thought about doing the race but never have. I should do it next year. I love all the pictures that you posted. Your kiddies are sooo cute!

dianeb said...

Yes the race was great! It's a wonderful cause, and always a great excuse for us girls to get together. Yes Joey! We definately would LOVE it if Em & Tess could join us next year. I was thinking about them all day! Ma

Forshee Family said...

Mandi
I am so sorry I did not know Kris passed away. What a wonderful way to remember her. She was always so kind to Cory and I.
Your children are so beautiful!