Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blah!

Well the darn cast is still on!

I went to he doctor the day before Halloween and it was suppose to come off. He said another 3 1/2 weeks with the cast or to buy a boot that had a hard sole, went above the ankle and tied or zipped so that it would support the ankle. OK, well I thought it would be really easy to find a pair of boots like that because it is boot season. We went out shopping one day and I found one pair and they didn't have my size. I didn't want to pay over $50 for a pair of shoes I didn't love. I wanted to shop for cute fall boots and shoes with my money. Can you imagine wearing the same boots everyday any how, with your casual clothes, dressy clothes, church clothes. Ugh!

I went home and shopped the Internet and found a pair and ordered them. Well it took another two weeks to get them here. They arrived two days ago and I go back to the doctor this coming Monday to see what's next. He will tell me if I need to continue with the new boot for another three weeks or if I get to go back to my shoes using crutches for a few days so I don't twist it again (my foot and ankle are really weak from not being able to use them forever. I need to regain strength and muscle).

When this happened I thought I could deal for two months (they said 8 weeks at that time). Well it's ending up being 4 months and this lady isn't getting any skinnier....he-he! I can't wait until I can go running or do something about this baby weight that is hanging on around my gut. Can you say muffin top?

From one ugly boot to the next.

No comments: