Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Luck!

I thought everything came in three's (so they say). I thought it was going to be my turn for something good to happen. I broke my foot, both children had croup, and then Monday morning, October 27th on my way to the doctor for Faith I was pulled over just two blocks from the doctor's office. I know I shouldn't have been speeding but as usual I was running late to the doctor's. Well.......... As I was pulling over to the side of the road I smashed into a mail box (YEEEEEEEEEKS!). It was a metal mail box which happened to be hanging just over the curb about 3 inches on a skinny wooden post.

Now I know you all must be thinking I am just making up excuses and I look back and just think, I shouldn't have been speeding in the first place but WHAT WAS I THINKING OR DOING WHEN I HIT THE MAILBOX? Why didn't I see it? Duh!!!!!

Well it hit my passenger side mirror first and threw it into the car (against the car) breaking the mirror. Then the two prong's at the end of the mailbox scrapped and cut all the way down the side of my car. I tried to pull away from it but it kept scraping. The cop came to my window and I started to cry. I told him not to get to close because I had a cold and the two kids in the car had croup (lol). The only thing I could think about was my poor car. Who cares about the mailbox.

I think he felt bad for me so he didn't give me a speeding ticket. We left a note for the home owners about their mailbox and needless to say they never called. I went back the next day and knocked on the door and no one was home. The mailbox had been bent back into position and it seems they tried to fix it. They still havn't called about it so maybe they felt bad for the ding-bat lady that hit it.

Any how, here are some pictures of the damage. SORRY HONEY!!!!!!!!




No comments: