Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bumbo!





Owen got a new chair last week and he seems to dig it. When we tried it out for the first time he looked around with a grin on his face as if to say "look at me, I'm sitting up like a big boy and can see everything around me".

I was a little sceptical about the chair at first. I wonder how long he will really use it and if it is worth it. I wasn't sure if I should be putting Owen in it if he can't sit on his own yet (although the purpose of the chair is for babies who can support their head to sit up in until they can sit on their own). I just thought when he is ready to sit he will. He sits in it and likes it but not for long. He cries to get out after about 10 minutes. Maybe he will get more and more use to it and spend more time in it. He LOVES his bouncer and will hang in it for hours some times.

The "Bumbo" chair will be good, I can sit him outside on the grass with his try and toy's to play, you can take it to the beach in the sand, easy to take with you, soft and supportive. You just can't leave it on high places because babies will fall and eventually learn to get out of it. They say not to use it in the tube as well in-case the baby gets out (who would leave their baby unattended in the tube anyhow, jeeper's).

All-in-all it seems to be a cute and fun little chair for him. He is such a babe!!

2 comments:

dianeb said...

whoa!! Look at you Owen! such a big boy! he's is growing up so very fast! I can't believe it!! He's adorable, my little Bumbo!

dianeb said...

ps - I really like the new look on you site! The red is awesome!