Sunday, March 25, 2007

GOTCHA DAY






There she was!

After about 5 minutes one of the care givers came into the room and asked for the outfit we had brought for Faith to wear. She was to take it and get baby girl ready and then bring her to us. About 10 minutes later THERE SHE WAS!!!!!!!

I was looking elsewhere but Lindsay saw them through the window of our room as they brought her to the top of the stairs and he freaked. He grabbed me from behind and said "THERE SHE IS". It scared me and the whole moment is a blur to me. She was brought into the room and she looked so peaceful, so calm, so sweet. She was much more beautiful in real life. The pictures did not do her justice. She was the most precious and beautiful thing I had ever laid my eye's on.

We lost it of course. She came to us so easily. She fell into daddy's arms and just cuddled up to him and held him for what seemed like forever. Then I slowly pride her away and held her and she snuggled into me as well. She just looked at her daddy for the longest time though, staring deep into his eye's. I asked Sally and the care giver's if she was sleepy, if it was her nap time? Sally said "No, she knows your her mommy". So sweet!

She took to us so well, I was so amazed, not one little whimper. She snuggled and hugged. We then feed her and played on the floor with her. They let us have a good hour to just hold her and play with her. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ishybeanie said...

how emotional i cried when i read through this part