Thursday, November 22, 2007

I guess it's my turn now!!


Well I guess I have to finally write in this blog (boss' orders).
If you can't guess this is Lindsay, Faith's daddy and Mandi's worse half. Ha Ha!
It is so hard to write down all my thoughts and feelings rite now, especially that I know people are going to read this.

I have been blessed greatly by the Lord once again this year. What a year!!!!!!!!!! As you have already read I have had the opportunity to go back to Taiwan for this years service project. I don't want to double up on what Mandi has already said, so I will try not to. All I can say is that is was the second most amazing trip of my life!! I love Taiwan. And this time I don't think I was as culture shocked as the last, so it was more enjoyable. The foods, smells, and all the things I'm not use to didn't even bother me. I actually enjoyed them, except the sewage smell.

It was much different than I expected. I thought that we would have time to play a little and see some of the sights that I didn't get the chance to see last time. Just the opposite! There were only seven of us from the U.S. and Sally (our angel that lives there in Taipei). Umong us were Laura and James Trinnaman, Jen Mciff, Glenda Seely, Carrie Mosley, Dierdre (I don't know her last name? They spelled it wrong in the newspaper. Sorry Diedre), and myself, were all that were able to go. But we pulled it off barely.

Not letting jet lag or total opposite time zones get in the way we all hit it hard. I have never seen people work so hard. All the women KICKED BUTT!!! They all cleaned, painted, bought new beds, and put together eight bedrooms, six bathrooms, a library, a counseling room, a family room, and a kitchen. All in four days.

Meanwhile James and I put in new lighting and plumbing fixtures, pressure washed and steamed cleaned bathrooms, put together new shelving and whatever else Laura told us to do. She sure knows how to crack that whip! OUCH! We had help from the L.D.S. missionaries on one day. If it wasn't for them we couldn't have pulled it off. Like Mandi said, we worked from eight in the morning till 9-10 at night. With a short tour of Tainan and a few hours to play with the kids at St. Lucy's.













All the angels at St. Lucy's and the care taker at the birth mothers home made sure we were fed well. To put it lightly. Every time we turned around there was someone there with a plat of food or a drink, and you HAD to stop. No ifs ands or buts. They are all GREAT women!


No comments: