Monday, November 12, 2007

"Picture The Future"


It has been a really hard weekend for Faith and I. We miss Lindsay BIG TIME! We took him to the airport last Friday night to travel back to Taiwan with other volunteers to help with this years service project for the orphanage, which Faith came from. This year Families for Children is helping St. Lucy's remodel a home for the birth mothers and to do some gardening and make a few items for the play area at St. Lucy's. When we learned of this big project at the first of the year Lindsay and I planned to take Faith back and all of us would go. Once I found out I was expecting I felt it would be best to stay home with Faith. My doctor said it would be OK if I went but with my big belly, chasing Faith all over, a 19 hour travel time and the weird smells I knew it would be hard on me. When we dropped him off and drove away I felt so sad inside. I wanted to go so badly. It's a bummer but I feel everything in life happens for a reason.

Well he made it there. I asked him how his second flight (14 hrs) went this time. It drove us both crazy when we went to pick up Faith. This time he said he slept pretty much the whole time and when they arrived in Taipei he was good to go. It sure wouldn't have been so nice if Faith and I were along (he-he!).

He had a wonderful first day shopping and eating some of the local food. The next morning everyone met at 6 AM for breakfast and then took a train ride across the country side down to the west side of Taiwan to Tainan (where St. Lucy's is located). This is where they would meet the care givers and receive their assignments. For the next four days he will be working on the remodel. He is so excited to be there and is having a wonderful time this far. They will have a few evenings to do their own thing and see some of the sites.

He said in a weird way Taiwan feels like his second home. When the plane was landing his heart was beating so hard and he was so happy. He said it felt like the day he got home from his mission. A piece of him is there. He loves it!

Things here at home are pretty routine and boring. We miss Lindsay and I am SO JEALOUS that he is having so much fun and experiencing all that he is with out me. He is so lucky! We will try and go back again when Faith is about 5 years old and can really enjoy it and remember everything. We hope to take her back at least a few times as she grows up to learn of her country and birth place.

Well, time to go grocery shopping and visit the cousins. What a life eh? he-he! All is well! WE MISS YOU DAD!!!!!!!!!! Come home safe!

1 comment:

ishybeanie said...

what a fun experience that is for Lindsay, thats to bad you couldn't go maybe next time, when you have your little man to help his daddy