Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a really nice weekend relaxing as a family. For the first time ever we didn't have to go anywhere and Lindsay had the whole weekend off (we thought this wouldn't be the case with his own business this year, he works a lot of hours). My family was all going out of town so my mother had a big dinner at their home on the Sunday before. This was Lindsay's parents "off" year and they had been invited to spend the week with Lindsay's older brother in AZ so they flew there. I made a big Thanksgiving dinner for our little family (Lindsay, myself and Faith). We woke, played as a family, went to see our horse, watched a movie and had dinner. It was actually a really nice day.


We spent the weekend shopping and even attempted to have Faith sit on Santa's lap so we could get a picture. It didn't happen. She lost it and wouldn't sit still. We need to warm her up to the idea I guess. She will have two more chances at the family parties this year.

Lindsay hung all the lights outside and Faith and I decorated the house for Christmas. I had to get a move on it or it wasn't going to happen this year. Everything looks lovely and we are all so excited for the Christmas season. Faith is so cute around the tree. She thinks it's going to get her. We sit back and watch, she will approach the tree very slowly getting almost close enough to touch and then she jump back and runs. It's funny! I was worried the ornaments wouldn't stay on the tree this year but thus far it hasn't been an issue. I almost like her being afraid...lol Although I have tried to warm her up to it and show her and touch it with her. She still wants nothing of it. The cat will hide under it because Faith won't go near it.



Faith loved all the pretty ornaments and wanted to touch every single one before I put it on the tree. If I skipped her with just one ornament she would loose it! She has become quite the little lady these days. She knows how to work the system and get her way (as all kids do). It is fun to see her personality really shinning through and to hear her talk so much more and run around like a little kid. She is so much fun right now and we just adore her to pieces. It's so hard when she goes to bed at night, we can't wait to wake her the next morning.



Faith loves to hum along as I sing or play Christmas music. She loves to dance and sing as most kids do. She has started to say "I love you" and when we say our prayers, with out either one of us teaching her or helping her" she has started to fold her arms and listen and watch us. It is so cute! Most of the time she makes it through the whole prayer as well and some times she try's to say her own prayer while we are.

Things are going really well at home! She is growing up fast!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family. We love you all and are so grateful for your love and friendships. You all mean the world to us! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

ishybeanie said...

I love that snow glob picture, she is so presious.