Thursday, November 22, 2007

Meeting Kai Ling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that from most of the comments lately this is what most of you have been waiting for!!!

IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!!

It was hard not getting my hopes up when Jessica told me that she would try to arrange a meeting with Faith's birth mom, Kai Ling (you know we all have a little pessimist in us all).

While I was working, Sally came up to me and said she had a surprise for me. Still it didn't hit me. Then she told me that Kai Ling will be at St. Lucy's at two o'clock. It was noon at that time. I got very excited and of course a little teary eyed. It then hit me, I HAD TO SHOWER!! (You know: humidity + hard work = DAMN!) not a good sight or smell.

We were all going to go to St. Lucy's the next day to play with the kids but Laura had a meeting, Jen (one of the volunteers) was meeting her son that she is adopting (although not picking up at this time, on this trip) and now we learned of my surprise. So we decided that we would all go there together today instead.

I had so many feelings going through me. I was a mess. I called Mandi to tell her the news! She was so jealous! Ha Ha! And she tried to stop me from going on this trip. The nerve!

I did wish so badly that she could be there. A part of me was sad. But then, HEY!
Anyways, we all went back to the hotel and got ready. It was so crazy being at St. Lucy's again. All those feelings of last time came back, along with an all new nervousness. I had to keep myself busy till the time came so I helped Laura set up for her presentation then went to the nursery to play with the kids. That was amazing! There was so many children. Crawling, climbing, and of course you can't have a nursery with out some screaming. In a way it made me sad. So many children and no homes. Why does it take so long to place these kids?! I wanted to take them all home and hand them out to everyone I know. There were a few requests for that back home. It made me think of what it was like for Faith. Even though there were about half the kids when she was there. But the care takers do a great job and take great care of these children. Once again ANGELS!!!!

While I was sitting there rolling around with all the babies a woman came in and said, "Workman?" WOW!! The day I have been waiting for for almost a year and a half. I jumped up and looked outside. I saw her!! A beautiful young woman, Kai Ling! She spoke no English so it was hard to communicate. With the help of one of the care takers that spoke a little English, Angel (her real name) and her social worker we met.

The feeling is so hard to describe. Nervous, excitement, love, a little embarrassment. So many emotions. We went to a private room so we could talk. I had a video recorder set up and Carrie (one of the volunteers) offered to come take pictures (thanks Carrie!).

She was so young!! Only 17 years old. I gave her some pictures of Faith, She looked at them and was giggling the whole time. You could feel and see the great love that she still has for Faith. She asked me all about Faith, was she walking, talking, what her favorite thing to do are? She told me that she is so glad that he were able to meet. She has been worried and sad lately. She lives with her big sister and she wont let Kai Ling have the picture up that she has of Faith so she can move on. But she said now she is not sad or worried. I had so much to say and ask her but I didn't know how to express my self (what would be appropriate, what would be too much for her, etc.) So I didn't say too much. I tried to go with what the spirit told me to do. I expressed my love and gratitude for her, how I thought that she was one of the most amazing women I know, and how she has changed our lives. I gave her a message for Mandi.

She knew that Mandi was pregnant with a boy and she was so excited that Faith is going to have a little brother. She told me that if we didn't mind she would like to be a part of Faiths life. She wanted to know when the baby came, when Faith graduated, got married and everything. I told her that we would love to share these things with her. I told her that we would love for them to meet some day.

She told me that Faith will always be in her life. She will tell her husband and children (when the time comes) all about Faith and us.

I was so happy that she wanted to be a part of it all, that she has so much love for Faith. She is such a sweet, loving and amazing woman!!

I have felt some kind of closeness to her through this whole thing. It's weird but I feel like I have felt some of her feelings through the process. Like for some reason I would get really sad and depressed and would start thinking about her, what she was going through and feeling. While we were in Taiwan to pick up Faith, two days before we picked her up, I got really sad and depressed and started to cry. Later I found out that was the same day that Kai Ling said her last goodbyes.

I love this young woman with all of my heart. I pray that she will always have all that she needs. That her life will be happy and blessed.

I Love You Kai Ling!

THE TRIP OF A LIFE TIME!!





4 comments:

ishybeanie said...

great job on all the rooms, they look great. What an experience meeting Faiths birth mom, I don't know how I could handle something like that. Way to go you are my hero

Forshee Family said...

Lindsay and Mandi
You guys are the greatest!
Your sprit is amazing. I love telling Nathan about you two.
What a wonderful experience to share.
Love you both
Adrienne

dianeb said...

Lindsay - As a Mother-In-Law, I don't like to be annoying, so I try not to put my 2 cents worth in very often. However, there is something that I just have to tell you! You are an awesome Dad, and Faith couldn't have found a better home than with your and Mandi (you are a darn good Mom too, Mandi). The Lord truely directed you guys to her, and her to you. There is no question about it. And the love and charity you have in your heart for her mother, is just awesome. Lindsay, I love you and am very grateful to have you as a son-in law. Thank you for being the husband and dad that you are.
MOM

Unknown said...

That is so amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. It was all I could do to keep the tears from spilling (even though a few managed to get away from me) Congrats on your family. Mandi we all miss you here at Legacy!!