Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Meeting Faith's Birth Mom



It's really going to happen! Lindsay called me about 45 minutes ago and told me that he just received a call from St. Lucy's center and Faith's birth mom would like to meet him at St. Lucy's in 2 hours (at this time he will be meeting her in an hour and 15 minutes). It will be 11 PM on Wednesday night here when he gets to St. Lucy's and will be meeting with her.

I can not believe it! Maybe it is best this way, that I am not there. I don't know how she would feel with the both of us in the room. Lindsay is so loving and his kind spirit radiates. I think for her to meet him, just him, it won't be so over whelming. She is a young girl and I think the both of them really need this. Lindsay has felt a very strong connection to her through this whole process and has wanted to meet her and express his love and gratitude in person. All while preparing for this trip I kept trying to talk Lindsay out of going this year. I wanted him to wait a few years and we would all go. I know, this is terrible of me. Any how, he kept telling me that the had a very strong feeling he should be going and he must go. He was determined and totally set on it. Nothing was getting in his way. Well, this is probably why. He has this wonderful opportunity. I am so happy and yet so saddened at the same time. I know there is a reason for everything and I will keep the Faith. He hopes to record most of it and take pictures so I can't wait for that.

Please keep a prayer in your hearts for him and for Faith's birth mom. I hope all goes well and they walk away from this with peace in their hearts. She means the world to Lindsay and I and I hope she will soon understand this more so. It will be amazing to share all of this with Faith some day.

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY IN OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

David and Janalee said...

Yea! This is Maya's mom (www.together--forever.blogspot.com)we met you at the CNY celebration right after you got home from Taiwan. Anyway, I am so excited to see that your husband will get to meet Faith's birth mother. We got to meet Maya's birth family (mom, dad, and 4 siblings) while we were ther and it was amazing. You are so blessed! Faith is a little angel, growing up so quickly, and congrats on the new addition!
Janalee

Sarah said...

What a blessing to have an opportunity meet Faith's birthmother!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea!!! This is so exciting. I hope Lyndsay will share with us as well down here! I miss seeing you guys. Faith has grown up so much since we were last up there!! She is beautiful! I love that you update on your belly through photos for those of us that are not up north. Miss you guys! Love you!
Em

Forshee Family said...

Mandi- you need to blog- did you guys finally get to meet her!?